Day 19

Posted by Lindsay , Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:16 PM

Yesterday was the last class before finals. Class got out early again, but we talked about a few different things before it did. Jimmy gave us all a copy of the Journal of Business and design. I had never seen it before, but it contained some interesting articles. Lauren told us about the AIGA panel, and how the speakers there talked about internships, salaries, and a few other things. I wish I had gone, but I was not on campus at the time. After that, Jimmy talked to us about being proactive and entrepreneurial. We should be out own boss, even if we work for someone else, find work instead of waiting for it to come to us, and challenge yourself. I think that these are all helpful, and my parents have always told me to be proactive in my life. After this, we all gave pros and cons of things about the class that we did over the quarter. I learned a few different things from the class, although there were one or two projects that I did not like. I will be spending the rest of my weekend working on my final project video for the class.

2 Response to "Day 19"

Julie Says:

I wish I had gone as well to the Alumni Panel but I actually didn't know about it. But it was interesting to hear about it from Lauren and Hector. It gave me a little more insight on how difficult it can be to be an in-house designer and that it's always a good idea to freelance as well.

Siouxsie K.S. Says:

Good luck on your final project!

Post a Comment