Calligraphy Workshop

Posted by Lindsay , Friday, May 13, 2011 5:10 PM


Yesterday I went to a Japanese Calligraphy workshop at calstate. I had a good time there, and learned how to write the kanji (symbol) for flower. We got to practice all of the basic strokes first, which is actually harder than it looks. After we had practiced all of them, we had to choose a symbol to practice over and over. I chose mine, and kept practicing. It was hard to get it right at first, but eventually it got better. I ended up doing a practice one that I had liked more than the final one I had done. I have a few of the brushes and ink at home that I have never used, and I am really looking forward to trying it on my own in my art. It is a lot harder than it looks to do.

My final try at the kanji

2 Response to "Calligraphy Workshop"

Anonymous Says:

I wish I could have gone :(

•:*Angel*:• Says:

It was a really fun workshop! I enjoyed it so much! It was kinda funny... someone gave me a critique on my kanji skills at the John Coy event.

Post a Comment