Day 17

Posted by Lindsay , Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:02 PM

So today we started off with a game. It was alright, but got a little annoying after playing for a long time. The gist of the game was saying "This is a what, a what? A what. Oh a what!, and then continuing on and asking each previous person, a what? When the person you were telling asked what it was. Its a little confusing at first, and gets even harder when you include two objects instead of just one. In fact, we could not successfully finish the game with two objects.


Once we gave up on the game, we watched a hammer lecture on Sir Ken Robinson. I really did not want to watch it at first, but I ended up liking it. He included some humor, and it kept me interested in watching more. He talked about how finding your element makes life fulfilling, and how most adults never find out where their true talents lie. I have heard this so many times in the past two months. One of the things that kept distracting me throughout the talk, was that from where I was sitting, his suit blended into the background and he looked like a disembodied head, hands and a strip of his chest. Not really relevant at all, but I found it amusing. Some of the other things he talked about were how there are two climate crisis's, one in national resources and one in personal resources. He also talked about how standardized testing is ruining our education system, and not helping people to discover their personal talents. According to him the economy needs three things; to think differently, communicate, and work in groups. I think that these are great idea. Not many people know how to communicate well anymore, because so many things are electronic. I know a lot of people who prefer to text, over speaking to people in real life. Technology is a great thing, but I don't think that people should prefer it over actual human interaction. Overall, he had a lot of good things to say, and it was a good way to spend class.

2 Response to "Day 17"

TheStarXVII Says:

Yeah, I wonder how many times it would have taken us before finally mastering the who, what game!? :D
It was a good example of how hard it is to multitask and keep various lines of communication going at the same time!! It really takes a lot of focus and moving slowly and carefully. I don't know if I could have done it if I were the person at the point the two intersected!

*Lorraine* Says:

I was distracted by Robinson's "floating" head too LOL!

Post a Comment